Upgrading on Golf Course Road is plain financial suicide
Since January I've been shortlisting flats to upgrade from my current 2BHK, but the jump feels insane. Currently in a 2BHK, already have a home loan, and now thinking of upgrading to a 3BHK around DLF Phase-5 on Golf Course Road. But ₹3.8Cr asking dekh ke lagta hai prices are totally detached. Option one is stretching hard for a 3BHK here, option two is staying put and investing the surplus elsewhere. Is the price jump worth it, ya fir galat decision le raha hoon? What would you pick if you were in my position?
Comments
Honestly this is a really tough spot to be in. On one hand Golf Course Road will always remain prime real estate because of metro and connectivity, but on the other hand, losing sleep over EMIs destroys daily quality of life. Have you visited any other emerging corridors like Airport Road (Gurgaon side) where you get more carpet area without choking your cash flow? What did you finally decide to do after checking these prices?
Look at the other side too though, if you stay put in a 2BHK, will it be enough after 3 years? Kids grow up, parents visit, space crunch becomes unbearable. A friend stretched beyond his comfort zone two years ago near Badshahpur side, felt like suicide then, but today he is sitting on 35% paper gains and has zero regrets. Par haan, you need to check if your job security is 100% solid before committing to 3.8Cr.
Sahi baat hai, paper profits don't pay the monthly grocery bills or maintenance charges. DLF Phase-5 societies also charge 15k to 20k just for maintenance every month, nobody talks about that hidden cost.
Paper gains se monthly EMI nahi bhari jaati na bhai. What happens if someone in the family has a medical emergency or tech layoffs hit? First-time upgraders like us don't have deep generational pockets to fall back on. Job market in Gurgaon right now is not stable enough to take a 25-year blind bet.
Total suicide decision hoga if you are already nervous about EMIs. I had the same temptation last year, almost signed the cheque for an upgrade, but backed out last minute and put the extra savings into mutual funds. Best decision of my life, peace of mind is priceless.
Golf Course Road ka tag sunne me accha lagta hai, but the rates right now in Gurugram are simply unrealistic. Builders are quoting 20,000 to 24,000 per sqft easily across Phase-5. I was looking near Baliawas side thinking budget thoda control me aayega, par wahan bhi prices achanak shoot up ho gaye hain. As someone buying their first proper family home, it feels impossible to keep up with these sudden jumps. Staying in your 2BHK feels way safer right now.
Wahan bhi under 2.5Cr options are vanishing fast bhai. Ground reality is that supply in ready-to-move segment is almost choked, isiliye resale prices are sky high. Aur agar under-construction liya toh double trouble... rent plus EMI till possession. Better visit in person on Saturday and see for yourself before getting your hopes up.
Baliawas aur uske aage bhi same haal hai kya? I was genuinely thinking of checking that pocket this weekend to see if 3BHKs are under 2.5Cr.
Bhai 3.8Cr sunte hi mere toh haath paanv thande pad gaye! Already ek home loan chal raha hai toh second liability lena risk nahi lagta kya? What is your current EMI outflow if you don't mind sharing?
Bilkul sahi bola. Meri toh 50k ki EMI me neend udd jaati hai. Even a small salary cut will completely derail everything. Itna stretch karna bilkul safe nahi lagta yaar.
Current EMI if he has a 2BHK would easily be around 60k to 80k per month. If he jumps to 3.8Cr, loan amount will touch at least 2.5Cr after selling the old flat. That means an EMI of nearly 2.2L per month. Hum jaise middle class first-time buyers ke liye it is literally panic attack territory, one bad appraisal cycle and game over.